Forum Coach Anthony DiMarco had a great chat with Rod Sinclair about Presentation Coaching for Forums. While you can listen to the full episode here (https://youtu.be/pdaZLYoPT_w), here are my main takeaways worth noting:
- How one coaches within Forum is totally different than how one would coach outside of Forum.
- The core belief in Forum is that the presenter has the ability to find the answer within themselves, we don’t give them the answer.
- The goal of the coach is to help the presenter articulate the feelings and emotions within the core challenge.
- Once the inner struggle has been identified and you’ve captured the emotions, you stop coaching. The next step is to take the presentation to Forum.
- Coaching isn’t the main event, it’s the warm up to the main event…which is to present the core challenge at the next Forum meeting.
- It’s not on the coach to solve the core challenge, rather to help the presenter to get clear on the issue so they can present to the Forum.